Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chinese New Year

Hi.....It's me again...why suddenly i got so much "Oomph" to write so many post in one day? Nothing special just feel like want to keep writing ..writing and writing before my mood being swiped away.

Chinese New Year is over, Poo Daddy flew back to work , our life goes back to routine ....After 2 weeks spending our family time together i hardly get myself to go back to this "reality", the house is silence again without Poo Daddy. Well....well ..well..cheer up, very soon we will be unity once more!

Let me share what have been done during CNY!
22nd Jan,
Poo Daddy landed in the morning, we went for CNY last minute shopping at Sunshine...Bought some tangerines, peanuts, snacks....waht else, oh ya, my favourite drink for CNY- Anglia Shandy, there are already 2 cartons of Tiger beers at home, so should be enough.


23rd Jan,
Journey back to Ipoh, breakfast at MingCourt Dim Sum, Poo Baobao had his favourite fish cake, and i had my favourite "char siew bao" and "siew mai"....etc.



24th Jan,
Pre-reunion dinner at "Tuck Kee restaurant", PooPoo family started wearing new clothes.......can't wait!.....haha.







Cheeky Baobao




25th Jan,

My PIL suggested to have steamboat today, so i helped to prepare the soup base in the kitchen early morning, before we left for another reunion lunch with my own family, this is the first year i had reunion lunch wiht my own family members after i have married, and i hope this can be sustained as an anuual activity. Thanks for my brother for this well arrangement!


Dinner , steamboat at home..then followed by Gary's birthday party, all my family members are here too.

Supposingly should stay up late according to my MIL culture, but me too tired, went to bed before 12am with Gary.



26th Jan,

First day of CNY, woke up at 9 something, did not hear any fire crackers...so quiet, in older days at my home, early early morning before 7am already woke up by fire crackers, but over here at my MIL house is so..so..so..quiet, don't like it!

Went to have vegetarian food for lunch, not as crowded as the old days anymore, a sign of economy downturns.

Nothing special, sat at home....played with Gary, went to my aunties house at night....her house looks merrier....all relatives were back and children were running around the house, played fire crackers.

27th Jan,
2nd day of CNY, cooked "Hoi Nin Fan", as what we had for the past few years, nothing new.





visited my grandparents with my family in Kuala kangsar after lunch, too bad....everyone left...only able to meet with my grandpa and 3 cousins. This house used to be very crowded when all the relatives are back...all my aunties...cousins..but after everyone grown up.....we are seeing less and less member join in this CNY visit.




28th Jan,
Haha..an event that i looked forward too, meeting with my ex-schoolmates.

I missed last year meeting coz i was in confinement. I met 8 ex-schoolmates this year, we had great chat...however the weather did not do us a favor, we were chatting in the rain.....too bad..didn't take any photos.



29th Jan ,

Couldn't remember what did i do....maybe just at home played with little BaoBao






30th Jan,
Brother in law treated us fine dining dinner at Indulgence.....specially for Poo Daddy to have meal here coz he likes western food mah..I had Stewed Oxtail..and Tiramisu for dessert..yummy....and Poo Daddy had lamb sirloin....BaoBao had bread...and made a lot of noise in the restaurant.





31th Jan,
Planned to bring little Bao to Polo Ground, already fixed the plan and set the alarm clock to wake up at 6am....damn it, rainy day, ended up went to "Foo Shan" for dim sum.

1st Feb,

My father treated us dim sum at Ming Court, left to Penang in the afternoon.
Met with some friends in Penang.

2nd Feb,

First day to start work after long break, hor..hor...it's 8th day of CNY, we had a party at my home as well.....though we are not hokkien, but we pretended we are and have our own celebration.

3rd Feb,

Drove down to BM for a friend's visit, had nice "duck egg fried koay teow" for supper, then Poo daddy suggested that we have a drive at Perai town, the place where we first stayed when we started work after graduation, recapture those good old days...




That's what i had for this CNY.

See you next year!!!Haha....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin