Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chinese? English???

I'm Chinese educated since kindergarten,Chinese is my mother language,first word i know is not "A..B..C" but "一。。。。二。。。。三". I have never never doubt my Chinese standard until recently.... Friends around me said:"Oh, ya...u sure u are Chinese educated?" Oh my god! Is my mandarin that bad?! I admit that i may mixed a little Cantonese slang, that's always common for "Ipoh Mari". LOL!
So, i gave myself a reading test, i tried to read a paragraph in a Chinese article,and you know what, i couldn't read smoothly like the old school days! I stopped every 3-5 words...Oh gosh, i almost want to hide myself under the table.

I told my best friend of mine (my ex-schoolmate) that my Chinese is being challenged by colleagues and friends, and she didn't believe me.In her memory, my Chinese is good,as i always scored high marks in essay writing, and even submitted post to magazines.

Guess i have returned whatever i have learned from school to my teachers.In today's working environment,we use English most of the time, i would say since we graduated from High School, we no longer speak and write Chinese,gradually i have lost the power of mastering this language.Will it be too late to pick it up again?I still strongly believe nothing is too late :)

I will definitely send my little Poo to Chinese school, i always proud for myself as a Chinese educated student.Well...Do not fool yourself, it's no longer English education system now in our primary school unless you send your kids to International School.
A very good example is Poo Daddy, who is a banana....He regrets that he does not know Chinese and missed out a lot of interesting stuffs in his life, books..entertainments...and now even work is hard for him in China :(

Do remember one thing, your kid's future count on you, one simple action from you decides their future!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin