Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What could be worse?

My company started workforce reduction exercise for quite a while, every month we hearing..so and so got the package and left the company.Most of the time i only play as a listerner role or more to "keh poh" , it means busybody in English.
I never thought that this is going to hit me till early this year, after seeing so many people are leaving, even those "big gun". I suddenly wake up from day dream, well ...there will be one day, this going to fall onto me,mentally i already well prepared to accept the fact that " I could be retrenched". It's not a lost to me, it's a lost to the company :0
My company was acquired by an International financial instituition, but they have no mission and vision to expand and develop the company, after all these years i can see only cost cutting, selling off division which not earning money...down sizing....All they care is financial figures, they cares about how much $$$ going into their pocket, don't talk about employee welfare....who cares?
Lately the retrenchment storm started again, and it finally comes to my department, everyone is speculating ...and i think "it 's ok. it could be my turn now...", Ended up, there is one colleague of mine being retrenched. I'm safe this round, could be safe for another 3 months, before the next storm is coming to the city :P
No one is scared being retrenched in this company, strange , isn't it? Most of the employee hoping that being offered the retrenchment package. You can imagine how bad is the morale....
Isn't it good to be paid for a break and charge up to look for new oppoturnity???Think in a more positive way.
I have lost the enthusiasm and passion to work for this company, if i stay longer here i will become another "Anaconda", keep on hibernating ...... :)
It's time to put a stop....Will see what's happened next!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin