Monday, November 10, 2008

Me fail as a mother


Yesterday was a tiring day, my parent in law were in town, to visit their grandson. My FIL just came back from China so he quickly drove down to see little Gary. We went to QBM after breakfast and had more than 3 hours shopping in there.

Gary was so happy to go "Kai Kai", i did not realize that he was actually having fever. I could feel his body was a little bit hot, but thought myself was over sensitive, coz when i put my hand on his forehead, the temperature was quite normal.


We went home nearly 3pm, then i used a digital thermometer to measure him, oh Gosh! He was 38.2 deg C. Me, being a mother , who so careless to overlook this, i can't forgive myself....some more bringing him to Mall without wearing proper long pants and socks. I really feeled sad that i let my child to suffer more than 3 hours in the mall.
I gave him medicine, but the fever was like come and go....it reached the peak to 39.3 deg C this morning, i was so scared....use a damped cloth to wipe his body, but guessed he din feel comfortable with the cold feeling, so he did make noise....Without thinking twice i brought him to GP...waited for more than 1.5 hours for our turn.

Luckily doctor said it's viral fever, and would subside normally after 3 days, well, i still need to monitor him closely...


I blamed myself of being silly to listen to MIL to bath him at 9pm(after the dinner we had in a hawker center, coz MIL said he was smelly after came out from the hawker center), then me brought him to the mall....without warm clothing...This is the first time that i feel "I fail as a mother"!

Sorry, baobao....mame made u suffer.....no next time ,ok?





BaoBao still actively playing with me , did not realized he fall sick :(

See, he looked gorgeous in Red!

My lovely Baobao ......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin